Wednesday 16 April 2014

My Favourite Foundations

Finding the perfect foundation is a hard task ; there are so many to choose from, and can be a bit over-whelming. I've tried so many foundations over the years, and I've found my go-to brands. Varying in price from €4 to €40, there's a foundation listed for all budgets. Bare in mind I have combination skin, and like a medium-heavy coverage, depending on the occasion. Also, I'm a fan of dewy, illuminating foundations, so you won't find any matte ones here! If you need a foundation that ticks all of those boxes; keep reading. 


1. Nars 'Sheer Glow'




My all time favourite foundation, hands down. I've tried to branch out to other brands but I keep coming back to Nars. I use the shade 'Sante fe' which is great whether you've a light tan (say from moisturizers) or full on tan as it is buildable and adapts to your skin tone. The coverage is perfect; it hides all your blemishes, without looking heavy or caked on. It feels light on your skin, and isn't bad for your pores as it is loaded with anti-oxidents. It leaves your skin soft and radiant even after removing. At €40, it is the most expensive foundation on my list, but it is so worth the money. It lasts forever; I am currently on my second bottle, and I bought the first one in November 2012!



2. Mac 'Studio Fix Fluid'


At €31.50 Studio Fix is a decent price for a going out foundation; but that is all I would use it for! It is not suitable for everyday foundation as it is heavy, and can cause break-outs. However, for a night-time foundation it is perfect! Heavy coverage which covers all blemishes, not to mention that it lasts on your skin, with little touch-ups needed. 



3. L'Oreal 'Lumi Magique'


Similar results to Nars Sheer Glow but only a fraction of the price! The price varies depending on where you buy it, but it is usually around the €14 mark! This foundation is perfect for daytime. It leaves your skin looking natural and dewy. 



4. Essence 'Stay all day' 



I know what you're thinking; Essence.. Really? Yes, really. I started using this foundation back in 6th year, and at €4 I was very surprised at how well it worked! 
While it may have a strong smell, I actually like it, it reminds me of the days when I wore it. It's not quite dewy or matte, more like a happy medium. It genuinely did last on my skin, and had great coverage! Not too shabby for a cheap foundation. 



5. Rimmel's 'Wake me Up'


Perfect for every day wear. The coverage is quite light which can have it's advantages if you are wearing it to school/college/work as you don't want a heavy foundation clogging your pores! It leaves your skin dewy and radiant, which is perfect for early mornings or to hide a hungover face as it instantly 'wakes up' and illuminates your skin. Price varies, again depending on where you buy it, but it is usually around €11. 


Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment