Sunday 22 June 2014

Heat proof make-up that lasts!



Now that it is officially Summer, it is getting harder to keep your make-up looking fresh, as well as lasting. With the right products, your make-up can last all day! I have just got home from holidays, and was wearing my make-up not only in the heat, but also from the evening to all hours of the morning in the clubs, so I can guarantee you that these products will keep your make-up in place. These are the steps I take to ensure my make-up stays!



STEP 1: PRIMERS

Both face and eye primers are essential for both creating a base, as well as giving your make-up something to adhere to. Personally, I think primers are essential regardless of weather, but it is even more important in the Summer. My two favourite primers are the Nars oil free pore refining face primer, and the Urban Decay eye primer potion. Both are pricey, but last well and make a huge difference to your make-up routine. I recently bought the Mac prep and prime lip primer and also notice a huge difference when using lipstick!



STEP 2: LOOSE POWDER BEFORE FOUNDATION

Using a loose powder before your foundation not only fills your pores, but also decreases oiliness. It is also a great way of creating a full coverage face without heavy foundation! I use the Catrice loose powder and it works perfectly for me.



STEP 3: APPLY FOUNDATION WITH A SPONGE

The Real Techniques sponge has been my new best friend. I can't go back to using a brush! It creates the most natural look, without looking caked - which is essential in the heat because you can't have heavy make-up or it will just look greasy.



STEP 4: BLOT!

Use either blotting paper or even a ply of tissue paper to remove all the excess oil from your foundation by simply patting it all over the face. This trick works wonders and you will notice a decrease in oiliness throughout the day!



STEP 5: GEL EYELINER

Gel eyeliner will last for hours on end and will not budge! I use the Maybelline lasting drama gel pen. I wore it the day of my flight (which was late that night) and after 21 hours it was still perfect - no touch ups needed!



STEP 6: BROW MASCARA

No matter what you use on your brows, you need to set it with a brow gel or mascara to keep those hairs in place. Benefit's 'gimme brow' is amazing, but so is the Maybelline version! - a brow essential.



STEP 7: SETTING SPRAY

A few sprits of a setting spray will ensure that your finished make-up look will last. I use the Urban Decay All Nighter spray for days when I'm working or when I'm going out. It is  product must for me!







No comments:

Post a Comment