Monday 30 June 2014

June Favourites <3

 




I never got around to doing a May Favourites last month, so I have a good few things to talk about this month! Here's a list of what I've been loving for the month of June.



1. URBAN DECAY ELECTRIC PALETTE





I used to be a huge fan of colour when it came to eyeshadows. My everyday eye look in school was a purple or blue smokey eye, but I became very boring when it came to eye makeup and was wary of wearing bright colours. However, when UD released their electric palette, I NEEDED to get my hands on it, and I'm glad I did! The pigmentation is incredible, and the colours are so much more vibrant in real life. My favourites have been 'slowburn', 'thrash' and 'gonzo'. They can be used for a hint of colour on your crease or the inside of your eyes. Once blended with a neutral shade, they are completely wearable! I heard complaints that the shadows stain your eyelids, but I always use a primer base and haven't experienced any form of staining! 


2. MAC MINERALIZE SKINFINISH IN 'SOFT AND GENTLE'




So. Frickin'. Pretty. I heard so much about this product but was a bit turned off as it's quite glittery - but it looks incredible on the skin!! It's the only powder highlighter I own, and I have been using it every day since I got it! It's perfect for creating that summer glow. 


3. BOURJOIS BRONZING PRIMER



I am in love with this primer. Worn alone, it is lovely and creates a smooth, even base for a natural tan complexion. Under foundation - it's perfect for adding a healthy glow and also great if your foundation is a little paler than your current one and you don't want to buy another! And the smell... Wow. It smells like chocolate!! So good. It's a mousse consistency which is easy to apply and smooth on the skin. I dot a small amount into my face and spread it using a duo-fibre foundation brush before applying foundation. It can also be used for contouring as it acts as a bronzer! 

4. CLINIQUE ANTI-REDNESS CLEANSER

This cleanser literally melts away all your make-up, and leaves your skin feeling soft as it is a cleanser and not only a makeup remover. Also, it helps big time with any redness in your skin! 


5. CLARINS RADIANCE-PLUS GOLDEN GLOW BOOSTER

As I am beyond pale, I like to use the garnier summer body gradual tan moisturiser. However, as I am so into my skincare, I refuse to apply that or any tan on my face as I don't want to clog pores. Which is why this has been my new best friend! All you have to do is add 2-3 drops into your normal moisturiser and voila - a lovey tan on your face. No more tan body, white face for me! 


6. L'OREAL SKIN PERFECTION SERUM

I hate having such an even skin-tone, so I wanted to get a serum that would help the tomorrow but that was also purse friendly. I've been using this serum twice a day, before my moisturiser, and I have seen a big difference in my skin's tone and texture. 


7. RIMMEL PRODUCTS
 
SCANDELEYES EYELINER

These eyeliners are amazing. A complete dupe for the UD 24/7 glide on, works so well on the waterline. I've been loving the colour 'bronze' this month in particular. 

APOCOLIPS LIP LAQUER 

The pigmentation of a lipstick, but a glossy finish - I am in love with these lip laquers. My favourite is the colour 'big bang' which is the perfect red colour. Even though I despise the packaging, the product is pretty amazing! Here's a photo of how it looks on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment